Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Notes from Vietnam


Notes from Vietnam


1. Let's speak Vietnamese!



 I visited Vietnam a few times. Every visit was a joy and an addition to my language and cultural learning experience. Vietnamese are friendly people. They are very helpful. I enjoy talking to them.



In terms of communication, it was not a problem for me. Though most, like Thais, do not speak fluent English, they know some. I know a few words of Vietnamese, which is enough for me to get by.



Have you been to Vietnam? If you have a plan, it pays to know their language. This can help you enrich your visit and make more friends. Following are some words / expressions I found useful:

1. I want to do something e.g. drink tea.

Tôi muốn uống trà.
Tôi = I
muốn = want
Tôi muốn  = I want to
uống = drink,   trà = tea.
uống trà = to drink tea

I want to have (eat) breakfast.
Tôi muốn ăn sáng.
Tôi muốn = I want to
ăn sáng = breakfast

2.  Rất ngon and Cảm ơn

Rất ngon = very delicious
Cảm ơn = Thank you


3. Tôi muốn đi hà nội. = I want to go to Ha Noi.

Tôi muốn = I want to
 đi = go to
hà nội = Ha Noi

4. Tôi thích Món ăn Việt Nam. I like Vietnamese food.
tôi thích = I like
Món ăn Việt Nam = Vietnamese food

5. Tôi tên là John. = My name is John.

Tôi tên là = My name is ....
John.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ประเด็นเรื่องการสอนคำหยาบคาย (Issues of SOTL in ELT) ในชั้นเรียนภาษาอังกฤษ

การจัดการกับคำหยาบ (Profane Language) ในการสอนภาษาอังกฤษ: แนวทางและข้อคิดเห็น Janpha Thadphoothon, Ed D  ในสถานการณ์การสอนภาษาอังกฤษ (ELT) ท...