Tuesday, August 11, 2020

The Story Behind the Birth of Java

 The Story of  Java

Janpha Thadphoothon

First and foremost, I am not a computer scientist. Neither am I a programmer. I am an ELT teacher. I teach English to non-native speakers of English. And my name's Janpha. Janpha Thadphoothon is my name.

Every language has its own story and the people behind that particular language. There are stories within stories. In this short article, I tell you one story behind one of the most popular programming languages - JAVA.

It started out in Indonesia, on the island called JAVA. That's why it is called Java. There were two guys doing something in Indonesia. I was not told what they did during that time. How many years ago? Not sure, but must be at least 30 years.  

I don't know their names, but they are Europeans doing something in Southeast Asia.  They were on Java, the most populous island in Indonesia.

I weer discussing ways to do some programming. We could assume that they were computer engineers or IT people. They must have learned or mastered some Sssemply languages like C or C++. 



The story of Java is a product of a duo. They were having coffee as they were writing or systematizing the coding system. This explains why the coffee cup is being used as the logo of Java.

I myself have been to Java and the coffee over there was great. 


Java At Present

Java belongs to Oracle:

Java is the #1 programming language and development platform. It reduces costs, shortens development timeframes, drives innovation, and improves application services. With millions of developers running more than 45 billion Java Virtual Machines worldwide, Java continues to be the development platform of choice for enterprises and developers.



Sources

Oracle Java. From https://www.oracle.com/java/








No comments:

Post a Comment

Referents และ การอ้างอิงในไวยากรณ์อังกฤษ (Referents and References in English Grammar)

Referents และ การอ้างอิงในไวยากรณ์อังกฤษ (Referents and References in English Grammar) 1. การอ้างอิงโดยใช้ "the" (Referencing usi...