Thursday, June 8, 2017

Do you know Victor Hugo?

Do you know Victor Hugo?

Janpha Thadphoothon

Having been teaching EFL for a few decades, I was surprised by a question from one of the students:
"Do you know Victor Hugo?"

I told him I did. He was a famous writer.

The student told me that he wrote a novel called "Les Miserables" He asked if I had a copy. he would like to read it.

I read the book a long time ago (when I was still in my late twenties....) You can guess my age...

The point I would like to make here is this: I am delighted to have been asked such the question. It's one of the moments when you can actually feel that what you have been trying to do means something. It's something!



No comments:

Post a Comment

ประเด็นเรื่องการสอนคำหยาบคาย (Issues of Profane Language) ในชั้นเรียนภาษาอังกฤษ

 การจัดการกับคำหยาบ (Profane Language) ในการสอนภาษาอังกฤษ: แนวทางและข้อคิดเห็น เริ่มต้นด้วยการเข้าใจประเด็น ในสถานการณ์การสอนภาษาอังกฤษที่เป...