Sunday, August 11, 2019

Moti Is Not Modi, Seriously

2019 Pokhara CW Workshops

Pokhara is a place in Nepal. And Nepal is in Asia They say it's the best country in the world.


Moti, Vishnu and Sarita are planning to revive the creative writing workshops with an event in Nepal this coming November. 

The workshop would take place in Pokhara, a scenically beautiful place, a few hours drive from Kathmandu.  Group members from outside Nepal would need to arrive in Kathmandu on 24 November, then travel to Pokhara on 25.

26-28 November we would have the core group workshop.
29 November we would be offering a workshop for local teachers.
30 Return to Kathmandu.  Departure for some members
1 Dec.  Departure for the rest of members.

The conditions for our core group would be as before: accomodation, meals and transport provided by our Nepali hosts.  Return air travel the responsibility of the group members.

As before, we would expect core group members to prepare the following:

~ Poem(s) and/or stories they could read as part of a reading performance.

~ Write one short poem (Max 10 lines), one short story and one creative writing activity for the classroom - for peer editing sessions during the core workshop.

~ For the local teachers' workshop on 29 November, prepare a one-hour workshop on any practical aspect of creative writing.

As on previous occsions, we hope to be able to publish a selection of our writings with a local publisher.

I hope this comes as good news to you.  It is several years now since we were able to organise a CW event.  It's a great opportunity to meet old and new friends and to develop our creative writing skills together.

As numbers will be limited, I would ask you to kindly sign up for this as soon as possible.  I shall be away for the whole of September, so it will be helpful if you can indicate your interest by the end of August.  Please copy any mails to Vishnu and Moti (addresses are above)





+++++++++++++

I look forward to hearing from you.
Are you looking forward to hearing from me?
If yes, then we shall see.
Who is faster in in a shopping spree.

++++++++++++++++

When Adam said, I hope this comes as good news to you.
I told him, it is good news for me.
What are you going to do?
I guess nothing is free.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Morning has broken
Birds singing and dogs barking
Motor cars roaring
+++++++++++

Silence is fragile.
Rare as diamonds and gold
Could you please shut up?

++++++++++++++

Are you lonely she greeted.
I only say Hi, I said.
Are you lonely again, she repeated.
Would you be my friend?
+++++++++++++++++

Good morning everyone
Are you watching the sunrise this glorious morning?
If yes, you're not alone.
They say a giant asteroid is heading here.
Do you fear it?
Good morning everyone
have you seen the sun this morning?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Black coffee? No, sugar? Sure?
Yes, please. With some milk of course.
White and creamy milk, I added.
Then it's no longer black.
Are you a racist?
You tell me.
++++++++++++++++++++++

"I AM INVINCIBLE"

It's a new book,, my wife told me.
What's about?
Longevity, she said.

I looked at the front cover. Nice picture here.
The back cover made me want to read what's inside.

A book about life and the will to overcome Natural limitations in humans by Samson Boonyai(Title "Koo Nae" or "I Am Invincible."). It's a call to stand up and deal head on with death and diseases through exercise, mindfulness, and food.

I sat down and skimmed through the copy.

Sadly, my wife said: He passed away a few years ago,
I love the book tile : I AM Invincible.

+++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

ประเด็นเรื่องการสอนคำหยาบคาย (Issues of SOTL in ELT) ในชั้นเรียนภาษาอังกฤษ

การจัดการกับคำหยาบ (Profane Language) ในการสอนภาษาอังกฤษ: แนวทางและข้อคิดเห็น Janpha Thadphoothon, Ed D  ในสถานการณ์การสอนภาษาอังกฤษ (ELT) ท...