Friday, August 6, 2021

Even when we could travel fester than the speed if light...

Grammar is still difficult for us...  



How to Use ‘Even’ and ‘As’

•              Calculate this even when it’s too difficult

•              Forty miles longer – As slow as a turtle

•              You can even go faster if you travel by plane.

•              Calculate – can you do it ? Yes, even without a calculator

•              You can even go faster if you travel by plane.

Even

•              Many ways to get to Chaingmai….

•              You can take a train.

•              You can drive your own car.

•              You can ride a bicycle.

•              You can even fly an airplane if you can afford it

As

•               As soon as you get to the corner, you will see the building.

•               Tim is as tall as Jame.

•               As you sow, you shall reap.

•               As (because) it is your car, I will let you drive.

•               Do as I said. Do as you are told.

•               He ate as if it was very delicious.

•               Don’t do as if/though you were a billionaire.


 

Ever / Such

 

•               Have you ever been to London?

•               I have been to Sydney.

•               I had been to Sydney.

•               Such as – example

•               He is such a chatty person = he is a very talkative person.

•               Such a beautiful girl like her is too high for me!

Just

 

I just found out that he was infected with Covid-19 viruses.

If you have just turned in,……………..

If you have just arrived, please go to the counter  first.

I just call to say ‘I love you.’

Just looking around

Just do it!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joy of Life: Embracing Meaning, Serendipity, and the Human Journey

  The Joy of Life: Embracing Meaning, Serendipity, and the Human Journey By Janpha Thadphoothon Assistant Professor of ELT, Faculty of Arts,...