Thursday, September 2, 2021

Noises and Human Judgements: Why It Pays to Be Open-Minded

 

Noises and Human Judgements

The issue of noises is addressed in the book authored by three professors, and one of them won a Nobel prize. The language is accessible, even for me,  an English teacher and a non-native speaker of the English language.
I bought a paper book from a local store in Bangkok, Thailand, and I never regret paying for the copy.

It reminds me of one bon mot : "To err is human." We are living with noises, most of them are noises from within. The book does not mention the concept of hobgoblins directly, but I can sense it.

There are many sentences that I like and I would like to share with you.
"Wherever there is judgement, there is noise --- and more of it than you think" (p. 12)

 

 



I found this book immensely thought-providing and erudite


The three authors are:
1. Daniel Kahneman, Professor of Psychology and Public Affairs, Princeton University
2. Olivier Sibony, Professor, HEC Paris
3. Cass Sunstein, Robert Walmsley University Professor, Harvard University)








ความคิดเห็น


No comments:

Post a Comment

การใช้ Interested / Interesting (Adj.) / Interest (V.)

การใช้  Interested / Interesting (Adj.)  / Interest (V.)   ผศ. ดร. จันทร์พา ทัดภูธร การใช้คำศัพท์ interesting / interested นั้นค่อนข้างยากสำ...