Thursday, June 13, 2024

Do I like my present job? (Example Only)



Do I Like My Present Job?


By Janpha Thadphoothon





When asked if I like my present job, my answer is a resounding yes. As an English teacher at DPU, I find great satisfaction in my role. Here’s a glimpse into my journey and my reflections on this profession.


Where Do I Work and What Is My Position?

I work at Dhurakij Pundit University (DPU) as an English teacher. My responsibilities include teaching English language courses, preparing lesson plans, and assisting students in improving their language skills. I enjoy helping students to learn and develop their language skills.


How Did I Get My Current Job?

Securing this position at DPU involved a process that tested both my knowledge and my passion for teaching. I had to pass a rigorous test and undergo a detailed interview process. These steps ensured that I was well-prepared and suited for the role.


Is This My Dream Job?

Yes, teaching English has always been my dream job. I am passionate about language and education, and this position allows me to combine both. It’s rewarding to see my students progress and to know that I play a part in their educational journey. I'm good at English, so it makes sense for me to do something with English. One of my English teachers told me to work as an English teacher. She told me that I would do well.


How Has This Job Changed My Life?

My current job has significantly impacted my life. It has provided me with a stable and fulfilling career, allowing me to grow both professionally and personally. Interacting with students from diverse backgrounds has broadened my perspective and enhanced my teaching skills.

Being an English teacher requires that I read and write a lot. As I have to use English very frequently, my English has become much better. My mother told me, "Son, you are very good at English. I'm proud of you."

My Strengths and Weaknesses for This Job

In terms of strengths, I bring a deep understanding of the English language and a passion for teaching. I am patient, empathetic, and dedicated to helping my students succeed. However, like anyone, I have areas for improvement. Sometimes, managing administrative tasks alongside teaching can be challenging; therefore, I continually strive to improve my organizational skills.


Advice I’ve Received About Working in This Job

Throughout my career, I have received invaluable advice from mentors and colleagues. One piece of advice that stands out is the importance of continuous learning. Tim, one of my former teachers, advised me to continue learning. "Never stop learning," he said. I believed him and have found his advice to be useful to this day.

The field of education is always evolving, and staying updated with new teaching methods and technologies is crucial. 

Many of the best pieces of advice come to me from my reading. I am a book lover, and many authors and scholars, whose works I read, offer good advice. Reading, which opens many doors of opportunity, also broadens your perspective. By the way, when I read, I also drink coffee. Coffee and reading go well together.

In the age of AI, there are more things to learn. They say those who can adapt well will survive. It is a world full of challenges and competition. We need to learn to work well with other human beings as well as AI agents.


All in all, I like my present job.  I am grateful for my role as an English teacher at DPU. It aligns with my passions and has provided me with numerous opportunities for growth and fulfillment. Teaching is not just a job for me; it’s a vocation that I am proud to pursue every day.



Do I Like My Present job?

Name

Where do I work? What position are you in?

Do you l like my job/position?

How do I get your current job/position?

Is it my dream job? Why?

Does this current job make my life change?

What is my strength and weakness for this job?

Are there anyone giving me some advice about working for this job?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Time as the Subject: Grammar, Physics, and Philosophy

Time as the Subject: Grammar, Physics, and Philosophy By Janpha Thadphoothon As a language educator, I often find myself intrigued by how ab...