Tuesday, February 23, 2021

My Favorite Quote (2021)

                                  My Favorite Quote (2021)




I’ve been reading The Last Train to Zona Verde by Paul Theroux for two weeks. So far, it has given me great joy. It is a delightful book, indeed. This is one of my favorite quotes:


     “Time is a factor in travel, one of the most crucial, though it didn’t matter when I first     started traveling as a youth, and later as a middle-aged man: I believed I had all the     time in the world then. My travel was open-ended.”

Theroux (2013, p. 349)


I like the quotation very much. I agree with what the author has said. Indeed, time is important in travel. In fact, time is the most important thing in life. Time is not for us but we are part of time and space. When I was young, time was on my side. I felt like I had all the time in the world. As we are getting older, we often feel that time for us is less abundant. Now, I’m in my late 40s. I am a middle-aged man (I think). I feel that time is no longer on my side. It seems to move far too fast. But time is equally given to us. The thing that really matters is our use of time.

Reference:

Theroux, P. (2013). The Last Train to Zona Verde. Oxford: Oxford University Press.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Should Thailand Have the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (MOCCE)?

  Should Thailand Have the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (MOCCE)? Janpha Thadphoothon Hi, I'm Janpha Thadphoothon, and I...