Thursday, February 11, 2021

Unit 6 Pressure and Stress (EL 317) Reading and Writing 4

 Unit - 6 Unit review



Vocabulary preview

achievement (n)  - What is your greatest achievement?

ambition (n)  Do you have any ambition? Yes, I want to be a billionaire.


celebrity (n) *

childhood (n) **

Vocabulary development

clearly (adv) ***

definitely (adv) **

Academic words

apparent (adj) ***

confirmed (adj)

compare (v) ***

insist (v) ***

last (v) ***

lifestyle (n) **

is believed (phrase)

is thought (phrase)

dramatic (adj) ***

focus (n) ***

Academic words review

Complete the sentences with the words in the box.

apparent highlighted investment media seek

1 The newspaper article

presented to the economy.

2 It was

from the cracks in the walls that the building was not

safe and was a danger to the public.

3 Do you think stocks and share are a good

they are too risky?

4 Adam didn’t know what to do, so he decided to

lawyer.

5 Do you use social media, such as Facebook and Twitter?


Reading 1

Reading 2

Study skill

Vocabulary

Grammar

Writing

or do you think

advice from a




I can identify cause and effect in a text.

I can infer the tone of a text to understand the writer’s opinion.

I can recognize my triggers to help me deal with stress.

I can use hedging and boosting vocabulary to make an opinion stronger or weaker.

I can use present conditionals to describe real and unreal situations.

I can write paragraphs describing causes and effects.

PRESSURE


UNIT 6

the challenges falling oil prices

limited (adj) ***

pressure (n) ***

put in (phrase v)

result (n) ***

may (mod v) ***

might (mod v)

highlight (v) **

media (n) ***

satisfaction (n) **

status (n) ***

work-life balance (n)

youth (n) ***

no doubt that (phrase)

surely (adv) ***

shift (n) **

theory (n) ***


No comments:

Post a Comment

Should Thailand Have the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (MOCCE)?

  Should Thailand Have the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (MOCCE)? Janpha Thadphoothon Hi, I'm Janpha Thadphoothon, and I...